Many hyperlinks are disabled.
Use anonymous login to enable hyperlinks.
|Page Name:||Long-Term Plans|
Long term, there are a couple places that I'd like to us PISC. The first is as a scripting language in the vein of Python or Ruby. That has been the focus of PISC so far, and will continue until I have more time to sink into the next stage of PISC. For now, I want to get PISC a bit more stable by creating a set of tests, and refining the standard library.
The second planned use for PISC is as a chatbot scripting language, sitting in the middle of a hardened and abuse protected IRC chatbot, with plans to add other connectors, such as Slack and Discord, later. This use case would be as follows:
- Allow for evaluating PISC via IRC, but with a budget on how much time/IO is allocated to the PISC.
- Allow for users to use a web interface to create their own words/functions that are used to respond to phrases
- Provide a useful, yet sandboxable storage mechanism for saving state between IRC calls. Right now, BoltDB is being considered for this.
- Shorten long/floody responses (at least for IRC), and replace them with a link to the results
- Provide a storage viewer via the web interface
- Potentially, if there was any interest, provide a hosting service for said chatbot (this assumes that it takes off at all)